Mission & Purpose
Our mission is to provide quality human resource services to recruit, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce within a supportive work environment. We do this with emphasis on rendering world class customer service to our inside employees and outside entities.
Goals & Objectives
- Develop by means of a questionnaire to Departments, priority and needs for in-house training.
- Continued update of CAMP system.
- Coordinate and identify key departmental individuals to report employee information to HRS regarding departmental activity.
- Updated assembling of approved union contracts in booklet form for distribution. Costs shared between this Department and bargaining unit.
- Implementation of Time Usage Report on employee paychecks by December 30, 2010, by means of time earned, accrued and used.
- Generating data for Department of Labor, EEOC Report.
- Implementing the Employee Assistance Program.
- Staying apprised of laws and changes, i.e., American Disabilities Act, Family Leave Act, Domestic Partners, Workman's Compensation.
- Approval of Employee Handbook.
- Continue to perform quarterly audits of eligibility.
- Continue informing employees on issues of importance with "Beneficially Yours."
- Update employee benefits in the Edmunds system.
- Implementation of standard operating procedure for medical leave.
- Implementation of standard operating procedure for unauthorized absence.
- Implementation of Employee Appreciation/Recognition Ceremony.