Mission & Purpose
Our mission is guided by the New Jersey State Constitution, State Statutes, New Jersey Administrative Codes, and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices as administered by the Essex County Board of Taxation.
We envision this office to be exemplary, with a reputation for delivering consistent, impartial, true, fair and equitable assessments of all real properties located in the City of East Orange.
We pledge to serve our taxpayers/customers with courteous, timely and professional service at all times.
Goal & Objectives: Fiscal Year 2010 - 2011
- Maintenance of Real Property Assessment
- Transparency: A public office such as the Department of Property Taxation cannot be run in secret. The taxpayers have the "right to know" and in order to engage in meaningful discussions on the understanding of property taxation, everyone must have access to the facts.
- This goal is to be achieved by regularly communicating via websites, newsletters, and general information readily available at the office for public knowledge.
- Communication is extremely important in times of financial constraint when everyone who wants to know should be able to learn the facts about the property taxation.
- Delegation: Responsibilities should be placed where it can be most efficiently and effectively exercised to improve the quality of work experience for the employees and customer service experience for the customers (taxpayers, other departments, and public in general).